Founded 1955 as "Austria Hotels", AUSTRIA HOTELS International consisted of three hotels, the Hotel Kummer and the Hotel Prinz Eugen in Vienna as well as the Hotel Daniel in Graz.
The same year AUSTRIA HOTELS acquired shares in the Hofburg Kongresszentrum & Redoutensäle Wien GmbH and the travel agency Creative Tours GmbH, a genuine strategic decision, guaranteeing an equal prosperous co-operation for all partners since then.
The Hotel de France was bought in 1972, representing the companies only five star deluxe flagship, located on the famous Ringstrasse in Vienna.
Hotel Schloss Weikersdorf in Baden, Hotel Bellevue and the winetavern-restaurant Passauerhof in Vienna were added to AUSTRIA HOTELS International in the year 1992. Only one year later AUSTRIA HOTELS opened the Grand Hotel Bohemia in Prague and, for the first time, expanded into a foreign market.
In 1997 marks another year of significant enlargement of the company. The Hotel Burgenland in Eisenstadt and the Grandhotel Brno joined the group, covering developing markets in their regions. In 1998 Hotel President was added and in 1999 the Holiday Inn Prague was bought and after extensive investment upgraded to the CROWNE PLAZA® PRAGUE in 2001.
In September 2000 AUSTRIA HOTELS International acquired the Hotel Caruso in Baden and only a few months later, in spring 2001, the Hotel Kavalier, Hotel Alpha (the former International) and the Hotel Am Augarten in Vienna.
All of these underwent generous renovation to meet the standards of service and quality of AUSTRIA HOTELS International which are the foundation of our excellent reputation worldwide.
Today AUSTRIA HOTELS International offers 12 properties in Vienna, Baden near Vienna, Eisenstadt, Prague and Brno with a total capacity of 1.550 rooms.